Candidates will be self-motivated, team-oriented, and have excellent communication skills. The candidate will need to maintain, uphold, and perform services in a manner consistent with EnviroForensics’ Core Values. Effectively and efficiently complete all field program activities, O&M project tasks, and associated administrative functions. Become knowledgeable and proficient in all applicable field techniques, acquire an understanding of industry objectives to manage site activities and implement project objectives, and continually seek instruction and training from project teams. Demonstration of proficiency will lead to opportunities to take on more challenging field assignments, provide data entry support to project teams, and the opportunity for promotion to Sr. Field Technician. Potential for registration as a Licensed Radon Mitigation Specialist is preferred but not required. The position’s Primary Objective will be achieved by meeting or exceeding all criteria set forth below in the Job Description and Requirements.
Conduct and manage field monitoring and collection of groundwater and vapor samples, including the installation of wells and vapor ports. Evaluate groundwater data in the field to provide the project team with an interpretation of Site conditions. Potential opportunities to assist with the generation of potentiometric maps, prepare fieldwork plans, installation of remedial systems, and conduct remedial system maintenance.
- Report directly to Supervisor, as appropriate;
- Work with the Project Management Teams for project-related responsibilities;
- Effectively implement all aspects of assigned remedial construction and O&M project tasks, including the use of equipment, materials, and logistics;
- Serve as an efficient member of the Field Team (on-scene or off-scene, as necessary) by learning, implementing, and mastering field applications;
- Ensure on-time and on-budget implementation of assigned remedial construction and O&M project tasks;
- Communication regularly with Supervisor and Project Management Teams;
- Communicate with and schedule subcontractors and vendors and complete other tasks required to implement field activities;
- Implement the site’s Health and Safety Plan (HASP), and ensure the health and safety of all workers while in the field;
- Maintain company vehicles and equipment, and notify management of required repairs and/or other needs;
- Keep equipment room clean and well organized;
- Complete O&M field forms;
- Compile and manage field data and other project information in accordance with EnviroForensics standards; and
- Evaluate and assess project-related information and data, as assigned.
- Technician must have valid driver’s license and be able to drive to various job sites.
- Use of discretion and professional
- Travel to job sites and overnight stays are required.
- This position requires the ability to, at times, work long hours (i.e., 10+ hrs./day; 40+ hrs./week) while in the field, in addition to the required time in the office.
- The schedule will primarily be Monday through Friday; however, weekend work may be available at times for motivated individuals.
- Field events will, at times, be conducted in severe weather conditions (e.g., heat/humidity, cold, rain, snow, etc.). Health and Safety precautions will always be considered, especially during extreme weather conditions.
- This position requires occasional lifting and carrying of heavy equipment, up to approximately 60 pounds.
- Field sampling and other field activities must be completed in accordance with standard operating procedures and within reasonable timeframes.
- Maintain 40-Hour HAZWOPER training with 8-Hr refresher courses.
To apply to this position, send your cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-Time Hourly
Pay: From $15 to 20 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: Indianapolis, IN 46204: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (preferred).