Jeff Carnahan is a Licensed Professional Geologist (LPG), holds an MS in Geology, and has 20+ years of environmental consulting and remediation experience. Jeff’s expertise has focused on the investigation and interpretation of subsurface releases of hazardous substances for the purpose of evaluating and controlling the risk and cost implications to his clients. Managing sites ranging in size from retail gas stations and dry cleaners to large manufacturing facilities, Jeff has amassed extensive experience working with releases of chlorinated solvents and industrial pollutants within voluntary and enforcement cleanup programs for various State agencies and the U.S. EPA. Additionally, Jeff has 16+ years of experience in the investigation and mitigation of vapor intrusion issues and leads the EnviroForensics team of full-time VI experts. Jeff provides strategic market analysis, corporate risk management, and technical support to the legal community. He’s served as a consulting and testifying expert regarding cause origin, timing, cost of environmental releases, and cost recovery claims on behalf of insurance policyholders. He is an industry leader in understanding that environmental risk includes not only cleanup costs, but also known and unknown third-party liability.
To receive a copy of Jeff Carnahan’s resume, call 866.888.7911
Articles by Jeff Carnahan, LPG:
- How to pinpoint when a Perc release occurred
- Setting Your Environmental Investigation and Remediation Priorities
- How to be prepared for an environmental investigation, even during an economic downturn
- Reflections on a Recession: What we saw in 2008 and after as an Environmental Consulting Firm
- How to sell your dry cleaning business in three steps
- 5 Considerations when selecting an environmental consultant for dry cleaners
- Emerging Contaminant Alert for Dry Cleaners: PFAS is the New Bad Guy in Town!
- Environmental contaminant removal vs. environmental risk management: When spending money saves money
- The environmental consultant’s remediation tool belt for dry cleaners
- Environmental cleanup 101: Understanding what to expect during the remediation process
- Environmental investigation 101: Understanding PCE contamination
- Environmental forensics: Why dry cleaners need to know about it
- What makes cleaning up perc spills so expensive?
- Rolling the Dice for Regulatory Closure—3 Rules on How to Hedge Your Bets and Come Out a Winner
- Understanding the regulator’s perspective at perc sites
- How clean is clean enough? Regulatory closure vs. environmental cleanup
- The Value of an Environmental Cleanup
- Fear, hope and determination: A tale of two dry cleaners
- Should You Let Your Sleeping Environmental Dog Lie?
- Risk Based Closure; What Is It and Is It Right for Your Situation?
- Vapor Intrusion Assessments: Can You Trust Your Indoor Air Data?
- Vapor Intrusion: Who’s DEFAULT is it?
- The Unbalanced Cost of PCE Spills
- 5 Things to Know about Vapor Intrusion, Your Home, and Your Health