Target candidates will be self-motivated, team-oriented, and have excellent communication skills. The candidate will need to maintain, uphold, and perform services in a manner consistent with EnviroForensics’ Core Values. Effectively and efficiently complete all field program activities and associated administrative functions, and adequately prepare basic written technical documents. Become knowledgeable and proficient in all applicable field techniques and acquire an understanding of industry objectives to manage site activities and implement project objectives. Demonstration of proficiency will lead to opportunities to take on more challenging field assignments, provide technical report support, develop components of conceptual site models, and the opportunity for promotion to Sr. Field Professional, Staff Professional, and then Project Manager or Project Professional. The potential for registration as a Licensed Professional Geologist (LPG), Professional Engineer (PE), or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) is preferential. The position’s Primary Objective will be achieved by meeting or exceeding all criteria set forth below in the Job Description and Requirements.
Conduct and manage field monitoring and collection of soil, groundwater, and vapor samples, including boring investigations, soil type classification, well installation, and vapor port installation. Evaluate subsurface soil and groundwater data in the field to provide project team environmental and geologic interpretation of Site conditions. Generate potentiometric and isocontour maps and cross-section interpretations. Prepare fieldwork plans and preliminary report content related to site investigations and assessments. Potential opportunities to assist with remedial system installation and maintenance.
- Report directly to Staff Professionals, Project Managers, and Senior level staff, as appropriate;
- Work directly with Project Managers, Senior Project Managers, and other members of the Technical Group to understand and meet project-related responsibilities;
- Effectively implement all assigned tasks;
- Meet prescribed goals for Field Professional;
- Manage the administrative, budgetary, and technical aspects of assigned tasks;
- Learn, implement, and master all standard Field level activities in preparation for promotion to Sr. Field Professional;
- Train less experienced Field personnel regarding proper techniques and procedures for field tasks;
- Communicate with and schedule subcontractors and vendors and complete other tasks required to implement field activities;
- Conduct assigned site investigation field sampling and assessment activities and manage onsite field teams;
- Document and prepare forms related to all field activities in accordance with proper standard operating procedures;
- Implement the site’s Health and Safety Plan (HASP), and ensure the health and safety of all workers while in the field;
- Compile and manage field data and other project information;
- Prepare written documents, including work scopes, investigation reports, and others as assigned, in accordance with the EnviroForensics Style Guide;
- Maintain company vehicles and equipment, and notify management of required repairs and/or other needs; and
- Keep equipment room clean and well organized.
- Advanced knowledge in a relevant area of science, geology, and/or engineering is customarily gained through attendance and successful completion of a course of study at an accredited college/university.
- Use of discretion and professional
- Maintain 40-Hour HAZWOPER training with 8-Hr refresher
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive to various job sites.
- Travel to job sites and overnight stays are required.
- Requires the ability to, at times, work long hours (i.e., 10+ /day; 40+ hrs./week) while in the field, in addition to required time in the office.
- The schedule will primarily be Monday through Friday; however, weekend work may be available at times for motivated individuals.
- Field events will, at times, be conducted in severe weather conditions (e.g., heat/humidity, cold, rain, snow, ). Health and Safety precautions will be considered at all times, especially during extreme weather conditions.
- Requires occasional lifting and carrying of heavy equipment, up to approximately 60 pounds.
- Field sampling and other field activities must be completed in accordance with standard operating procedures and within reasonable time frames.
To apply to this position, send your cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Salary: From $42,000 to $44,000 per year